Discover the value and ease of use of the Children’s Literature Comprehensive Database (CLCD). In the October 2009 issue of School Library Journal, CLCD was given a grade of "A." Earlier, CLCD was rated 5 out of 5 stars for content and searchability by The Charleston Advisor.
CLCD is an ever growing online database with over 400,000 reviews, MARC records and related information about children’s literature. CLCD contains reviews supplied by over 38 quality review media including:
- The ALAN Review
- National Science Teachers Association
To see the full list of review sources, click here.
With a subscription to the Children’s Literature Comprehensive Database (CLCD) you have access to:
- A variety of search options to help you find books by subject, age level, genre, and much more.
- Reading Measurement Programs (Lexile, AR, Scholastic Reading Counts).
- A Children’s Catalog (H. W. Wilson) recommended electronic resource.
- Curriculum Tools--which includes lesson plans, teaching guides, discussion guides, book trailers, and the like.
- Links to over 240,000 web pages featuring children's authors and illustrators.
- Links to additional information at WorldCat.
Discover the database that's receiving rave reviews from librarians and media specialists, professors and college students.